The Director of Cloud and Managed Services at FirstLight provides technical leadership and strategy in the development and implementation of cloud and managed IT infrastructure and systems with a keen focus on delivering robust, cost efficient, and timely solutions to customers. This role requires a highly collaborative leader with a record of building and mentoring large teams that can drive the next phase of growth and profitability for cloud and managed services products. Position is flexible to accommodate 100% remote work or traditional office options.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentoring for a team of hands-on managers, technical cloud and network engineers, and tier 1 support specialists.
- Ensure that service delivery and customer technical support requirements are met within designated timelines for cloud and managed service product deployment and maintenance.
- Leverage virtualization and automation technologies to implement cloud and managed services, while managing operational aspects including new deployments, proactive system maintenance, issue resolution, and customer support.
- Provide technical expertise on windows server, virtual servers, VMWare, vCloud Director, Citrix Environments, network switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Collaborate with product development to ensure internal procedures, policies and statements of work documents are consistent and complete.
- Work directly with the engineering team to assist with designs of scalable systems and to rapidly identify, evaluate, and troubleshoot problems within systems & applications.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the company.
- Act as a liaison and technical expert for other teams as it relates to cloud and managed services.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining a working knowledge of current industry best practices and technical trends within cloud technologies, storage, and server hardware.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education/ Experience Required:
- Broad experience (5-10 years) designing, implementing, and managing large virtual server environments with experience with VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft OS as well as system monitoring/metrics tools.
- Minimum of 5 years in a management or leadership capacity, motivating and developing a team and serving customers.
- Experience with disaster recovery (Zerto) and Backup solutions (Veeam/Acronis).
- Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, show ownership and accountability towards goals, and be reliable. Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with customers, vendors, managers, and associates, exhibiting poise, composure, and confidence when confronting high-pressure or stressful situations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.