Union Street Media
Digital Content Strategist
Union Street Media is seeking a creative, self-driven and detail-oriented Digital Content Strategist to join our team. Union Street Media is the top real estate digital marketing firm in the country, providing custom digital marketing solutions and high-performing websites for real estate brokers, teams and agents throughout the U.S.
Get in with a great team:
1. We’re a tenacious team of talented strategists with extensive experience taking real estate businesses to the next level. We’re growing and want you to grow with us!
2. Our vision is to be real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company. We provide custom digital marketing solutions and award-winning websites for real estate professionals that are unique in the industry.
3. Our mission is to connect real estate professionals to their clients through remarkable online experiences that ensure they stand out. Through personalized guidance and innovation, we create relationships that open new doors.
4. At Union Street Media, we believe in independence, in real and genuine relationships, and that real estate agents are the future. Most importantly, at Union Street Media, you’ll have a voice. We value everyone’s opinion and from company-wide goal-setting to crowdsourcing product ideas, collaboration is in our DNA.
Content strategy is a mix of art and science. The Digital Content Strategist is a critical thinker who understands how to blend technology and art to craft meaningful, effective digital user experiences. The Digital Content Strategist understands consumer behavior, adapts quickly to new media, and is mindful of industry changes, emerging trends and best practices. The Digital Content Strategist plans, governs and measures digital content, makes data driven decisions, and clearly and confidently communicates recommendations to clients.
As a member of our Digital Marketing Services team, the Digital Content Strategist plays a crucial role in executing our client’s digital marketing strategy, providing quality assurance for website and content production, and coordinating with subject matter experts and client and internal stakeholders. Therefore, the role requires strong communication skills, timeliness, attention to detail, and critical thinking to ensure accuracy and a high standard of quality for all deliverables. The Digital Content Strategist reports to the Director of Operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Plan and execute SEO campaigns for assigned accounts, including, but not limited to account setup, strategy development, organization, campaign audit, management and analysis
* Apply SEO expertise to keyword and competitor research, reporting, linking, conversion goals, on-page and off page optimization, local search, rich media, image and digital asset (ex. blog, social media) optimization, and mobile; responsible for performance outcomes
* Execute tactical SEO work, including tagging/metadata (ex. meta descriptions, H1 wrappers/header tags), content development, link building, citations and more
* Ensure compliance with real estate and organic search guidelines, and avoid black hat techniques that would adversely impact SEO performance and our clients’ user experience
* Evaluate large data sets to identify trends, monitor key performance indicators and recommend optimizations; prepare performance reports on a regular and ad hoc basis
* Present substantiated recommendations that have a direct bearing on SEO results, such as domain changes, keyword strategies and custom page creation
* Understand client and internal (USM) goals and work collaboratively to achieve and exceed results
* Stay abreast of new developments and industry changes in organic search and digital content marketing, and translate those into actionable recommendations
* Plan smart content strategies based on client objectives, client’s current media tactics, and competitors
* Create and optimize digital content, including website, email and blog content
* Assist with creating marketing collateral and documentation for Union Street Media and clients
* Motivated and able to work independently
* Understanding of, and ability with, all things digital
* 2+ years of related work experience or internships
* Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience implementing SEO strategies (ex. tagging, link building, UX, content management); basic understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus
* Ability with data and analytics
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable creating original content for clients and making recommendations for their digital content and user experience
* Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; knowledge of analytics and reporting platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moat, etc.
* Ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (traffic, engagement, conversions) on client goals
* Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects, hit tight deliverable timelines, and deliver effective results in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
* Experience with digital media strategies such as paid search, display, and social media advertising a plus
* Teaming ability
Schedule: Position is open immediately.
To Apply: email resumes to [email protected]
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer. Leveraging the diversity of our people and sustaining a culture of inclusion is one of the key pillars of our success as a company. Bringing together people with different disciplines, different backgrounds and experiences, different cultures and from different generations makes us a stronger, better organization. Quite simply, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of thought drives our success.