Faraday is a small, technically excellent team with a growing product. We’re SOC 2 audited, built on GCP and AWS, and mostly configured with terraform. We run everything from ELT to batch jobs to our web app on kubernetes. We’re looking for a solid DevOps Engineer to ensure the trains run on time.
What You’ll Do:
- Infrastructure ownership: Create and maintain our infrastructure in Terraform.
- Automation championship: Replace critical manual processes with reliable automated ones.
- Audit support: Ensure monthly processes (documentation, reprovisioning, updating, etc.) take place to satisfy yearly SOC 2 audits and other compliance regimes.
- New engineer onboarding and provisioning: Onboard new engineers and provision them credentials, access, laptop, development environment, and sample data.
- Virtual property management: Secure and renew critical virtual properties like domain names, SSL certificates, etc.
- Local testing: Provide a standardized environment for developers to test their branches locally and/or remotely.
- CI/CD: Ensure an orderly deploy process including mandatory acceptance testing, scheduling, notification, and rollback.
- On call system management: Create and maintain on-call schedule including other engineers.
- Performance reporting: Establish performance baselines, including multi-step end user tasks, and report anomalies.
About the team:
As a DevOps Engineer you will report to the CTO and engage with various teams across Faraday daily. You should enjoy strategizing with a dynamic group of engineers, and be prepared for both in person and virtual meetings. You will also establish partnerships with outside vendors, and maintain relationships already in place.
- You have experience with Terraform.
- You strive for mastery (fewest moves) over expertise (fanciest moves).
- You have moxie, taste, or discernment (pick one).
- You are mindful of the work of countless women and men who have gotten us to where we are – Ada Lovelace, Alan Turing, John von Neumann, Grace Hopper, Dennis Ritchie, Don Chamberlin, Ray Boyce, Adele Goldberg, Vint Cerf, Radia Perlman, Linus Torvalds, Guido van Rossum, matz, Graydon Hoare, Daniel Bernstein, Sanjay Ghemawat, Jeff Dean.
- You have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
If you don’t meet 100% of the skills and qualifications listed here, don’t rule yourself out! We want to hire people who are eager to learn, grow their skillset, and come into their role with enthusiasm. If you want to make your mark on a growing startup and think this job would make you excited to show up to work everyday, we encourage you to apply.