Vermont Information Processing is the country’s leading provider of software solutions for the beverage industry. We craft the technology that assists in every part of a beverage’s journey from its creator to your glass! For over 50 years VIP’s growth and success have been driven by the excellent relationships that we’ve built with our beverage customers and partners. We work to solve their mission-critical problems, provide innovative solutions for their businesses and never stop reimagining ways that we can help them succeed.
We are seeking a Data Specialist Intern to assist our Item Catalog Team with the ongoing maintenance of our comprehensive catalog of packages and brands that VIP has created for the Beverage Industry. This position will assist in adding content to the Item Catalog that meets a set of data quality rules.
Our ideal candidate will be in their junior or senior year of college with the desire to increase their knowledge through hands-on experience.
- Validate and ensure data quality and accuracy on an ongoing basis
- Populate and maintain individual items, brands, and their attributes within the item catalog based on a set of established business rules
- Monitor incoming data requests and assist customers in uploading and downloading data from the catalog
- Assist in documenting data creation and maintenance procedures
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and become proficient with unfamiliar systems
- Speed and proficiency on a standard keyboard
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Exposure to Excel and related business applications