GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
As part of the Data Center Operations Team a Data Center & Security Services Technician provides 24/7 call center service to our data center and cloud service customers, fielding incoming calls, emails, and other forms of communication, opening and working tickets, and escalating inquires where needed to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. The Data Center & Security Services Technician monitors alerts associated with the physical environment of our data centers, maintains access control and security monitoring of all FirstLight facilities, and provides other assistance as it relates to toll fraud, hosting and other technical support.
Full-Time, Wednesday & Thursday 10:00am – 6:00pm (with some flexibility in shifts, 9:00am – 5:00pm or 11:00am to 7:00pm) and Friday through Sunday 4:00pm – 12:00am. Position is located on-site at our Williston, Vermont office.
Firstlight Incentive Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive health coverage (Medical, Dental Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal/Sick, Floating Holidays)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible work arrangements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field incoming calls, emails, and other forms of communication for data center and cloud service customers, opening and working tickets and escalating inquires where needed, ensuring timely response to customers and applicable parties.
- Maintain and manage facility access to all FirstLight facilities as well as 3rd party sites that we collocate out of. This includes processing access requests, producing and shipping access cards, and providing remote access after validating credentials.
- Monitor alerts for changes in environmental conditions (temperature and power levels) for the data centers, escalating to appropriate teams for repair where warranted.
- Provide remote security monitoring of FirstLight facilities including responding to internal and external alarms and reviewing site footage for reported incidents.
- Monitor the FirstLight voice network for Domestic and International Toll Fraud responding to cases of suspected fraud to prevent further costs from accumulating. Work with both customers and internal teams to identify and resolve Toll Fraud incidents.
- Manage customer DNS hosting requests, processing record updates and removal through IP management software. Troubleshoot and support customer website and email services on cPanel platform.
- Receive and review DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and IP abuse complaints from 3rd parties (Copyright Holders, other providers) to determine validity and source, relaying information to the customer when necessary. Investigate subpoenas as they related to internal IPs.
- Provide hands-on assistance in local data centers. Examples include but are not limited to equipment reboots, swapping components, installing gear, completing cross connects, providing vendor escort, and general maintenance.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have thorough technical aptitude and ability to navigate multiple systems and technologies. Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with customers, associates, and management, with the ability to exhibit poise, composure, and confidence when confronting stressful situations. Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable. Ability to work independently and with a team with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. High degree of integrity required with the ability to deal with confidential customer information.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) plus two-three (2-3) years relevant experience with preferred or a combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.