At Dealer.com, the Data Analyst II is responsible for ingesting, cleaning, mining and transforming data. They also build and validate metrics, monitor data quality, analyze various forms of data (e.g., raw data, base data, 3rd party data, metrics), provide reports and interpret results. The Data Analyst will work with stakeholders to provide insights into the data for new product offerings and trends in the market.
- Performs data analysis and validation.
- Translates data into meaningful insights.
- Develops reports and data visualizations to present insights in the most effective way to enable decision making.
- Monitors and analyzes key metrics and executes recurring analyses and reporting.
- Mines and interprets data, monitors and analyzes key metrics and interprets performance and provides insight into the data and metrics generated.
- Handles data preparation and data analysis portions of various projects.
- Writes, maintains and/or updates queries to develop analyses in response to queries from internal customers.
- Ensures accuracy of results produced as a result of data analysis.
- Coordinates data feeds and updates and sources additional data required for analysis.
- Determines the value of new internal and external data sources, merges disparate data sets, ingests data, cleans and munges data, derives metrics, and transforms the data into usable information.
- Assists development teams in creating and maintaining data reporting models.
- Assists in the development and implementation of data monitoring and measurement systems.
- Develops monitoring mechanisms for quality and data management purposes.
- Builds and validates new derived metrics and associated business rules.
- Ensures the quality of specific data stores for collection, tracking and reporting of research data.
- Designs and develops ETL processes to feed data stores from disparate data sources.
- Monitors ETL applications for performance and improvement opportunities.
- Develops and documents the systems, processes and logic required to expose the existing data sets in the warehouse to end users for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Delivers quality data integration projects.
- Designs and develops BI/Analytics views for stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and work- related experience.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Large scale datasets
- Presenting data to leadership for decision making
- Data extrapolation, interpretation and chart compilation
- Enterprise Data Warehouses and star schema
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing ETL solutions (all aspects)
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL and strong Stored Procedures
- Optimization techniques for both SSIS and SQL
- Tableau or other reporting tools
- Python, MLlib (data science library)
- Machine learning libraries (algorithms)