The University of Vermont
The University of Vermont is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
Design and manage data collection efforts, conduct complex statistical analyses, interpret resulting data, and create written and visual reports for ongoing and new initiatives that support the educational mission of the school (e.g., student learning outcomes; admissions; pipeline programs; diversity, equity and inclusion; curricular innovation; learning environment; inter-professional education). Provide technical assistance on data collection, data sources, and statistics. Support faculty, staff and students on educational research, assessment validation, and other scholarly projects.
Minimum Qualifications (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
Master’s Degree in statistics, education, or social science field and three to five years of related experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced knowledge and experience of:
– Data management, database creation, and documentation methods used in investigating and presenting findings.
– Conducting data analysis with statistical software (SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.) to produce basic descriptive statistics (e.g., frequencies, averages, cross tabulations, t-tests).
– Conducting education-related research analyses, including correlation analysis, linear and logistic regressions, and analysis of variance (ANOVA).
– Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required, especially for the creation of research reports and slides (e.g., graphs, tables, pivot tables)
– Organizational and project management skills.
Ability to prioritize personal and team tasks and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule and personal organization skills and ability to apply to administration of the entire program including organizing critical files for compliance.
Excellent communicator; includes verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and consultation skills. Ability to handle sensitive personal information with appropriate discretion and judgment. Advanced interpersonal skills. Skills to work collaboratively coordinate and integrate with others throughout the organization and experience working with people with a wide range of backgrounds and skills.
Doctoral degree in education, statistics, or social science field
Experience with higher education data analysis and reporting. Experience with educational research.
Experience with data visualization software.