FirstLight is seeking a Customer Project Manager to join our growing team!
Acts as the single point of contact for assigned customer accounts which typically have a large revenue scope, have complex product needs, or require significant project administration due to the size of the telecommunications solution. Manages any interactions from the customer order through billing to ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction.
We offer a competitive base salary as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid time off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation of complex telecommunication solutions which includes, but not limited to, creating and maintaining detailed project schedules, understanding unique aspects of projects as well as having working knowledge of the technical and operational specifications.
- Owns and manages all customer communications or escalations pertaining to implementation of telecommunication service(s).
- Communicates order status in a timely manner to customers via conference call, emails and phone calls.
- Subject matter expert (SME) with regards to customer contracts, understands all aspects of the customer contract, processes, and any other nuances.
- Delivers project status and presentations to the customers on a weekly or monthly basis depending upon customer requirements, which is delivered via electronic presentations or in person meetings.
- The ability to prioritize, organize and exhibits excellent time management skills
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Must have a telecommunications background. An understanding of Metro Ethernet and wireless backhaul implementation.
- Experienced in interfacing with internal and external customers alike
- Ability to focus and deliver pro-actively in a dynamic, multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Should demonstrate a keen attention to detail. Must be self-directed, understand the requirements, and take the initiative to complete tasks or assignments with little or no direction
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience: 5+ yrs. of telecommunications project/order management experience
- Field of Study: Business, Telecom, or related field
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.