Green River is a 35 person web application development firm with a strong engineering focus and dedication to “software and analytics for a better world.” We are collaborative and goal-oriented, and aim for a shared understanding throughout our company of what success — and positive impact — means. Professional development, process improvement, social justice, and technical innovation with measurable results are all key aspects of how we work.
We’re looking for a positive team member who will…
- Collaborate with project and DevOps teams to define cloud infrastructure requirements.
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable and highly available on AWS.
- Provision, configure and maintain cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and support automated data feeds and workflows.
- Create robust documentation to facilitate collaboration between team members.
- Analyze current and projected cost of developing and maintaining infrastructure while proactively seeking savings.
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines such as technical project managers, software engineers, data scientists, DevOps engineers, privacy and security team and business development.
- Mentor other technical staff so they can effectively contribute to cloud infrastructure work.
- Adhere to company standards to ensure consistency and compliance of all work especially with respect to privacy and security.
Skills and experience:
- A degree in computer science or equivalent technical degree or experience.
- Strong data management, communication, and documentation skills.
- Experience setting up and maintaining automated data feeds from various data sources.
- 3 years experience building and maintaining data systems using AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud data warehouses (e.g. Redshift), large-scale analytics platforms (e.g. Spark), pipeline orchestration frameworks (e.g. Airflow) and business intelligence tools (e.g. Superset, Quicksight, PowerBI).
- Strong SQL skills including query performance analysis.
- Fluent in a data analysis programming language (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience with deploying applications on AWS.
- Ability to use a wide range of open source tools.
- A strong understanding of distributed computing and data partitioning.
Some things people love about working at Green River:
- Creative team who value a workplace where you can learn and laugh
- Long-term relationships with smart, engaged clients