Vermont Economic Development Authority VEDA
Prepares loan documents and handles all aspects of closings for VEDA’s agricultural, commercial and SBA
Essential Job Functions
• Review commitment letter to determine requirements for loan closing documents.
• Prepare necessary loan closing documentation based on loan program, borrower, and collateral specifics.
• Review real estate and personal property opinions, title insurance, corporate evidence, leases, contracts,
insurance, and permits provided by legal counsel and others.
• Communicate with all parties, schedules, and attends loan closing.
• Assist attorneys, loan officers, borrowers, and other lenders daily.
• Input accounting database information.
• Perform special projects and assist other employees, as assigned.
• Preference given to those with 5 years of experience within a legal setting or as a specialized paralegal.
Financial institution experience is beneficial.
• High-level of accuracy and attention to detail when proofing documents for errors.
• Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of and ability to execute sound, effective loan closing/processing techniques.
• Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel software.
• Ability to learn and maintain core loan system and document retention/management applications.
• Proactive and self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently and effectively within a team.
• Standard office environment.
• Some automobile travel throughout the State of Vermont to conduct loan closing