The CAE Product Manager will be responsible for the execution of software product road maps; acting as the product owner in the process. This will require monitoring, supporting, and promoting the development of the Concepts NREC Agile suite of turbomachinery design software with specific focus on aerodynamic design and analysis products. Reporting to our Director of Software Product Management & UX, the successful Product Manager will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and 3-5 years of product management experience, preferably with engineering design or another technical software. Any engineering design and analysis experience, with specific focus on turbomachinery is preferred.
A familiarity with the scrum software development philosophy is required. Knowledge of product management software such as JIRA or a similar tool is strongly preferred. This position will require effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to connect with a diverse set of stakeholders including end users, applications engineers, developers, and executive leadership.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of development roadmaps for current products
- Generate ideas and assist in building business plans for new products that meet specific demands from a market segment or better position Concepts NREC in the overall marketplace
- Fulfill the product owner role in each assigned product scrum team by:
- Overseeing product development sprints
- Create detailed specifications for bug fixes, product enhancements, and new product features that software developers can use to implement the desired result
- Confirm quality assurance testing for each development to ensure appropriate operability
- Manage the documentation of product features; both written and visual
- Interface with current and potential clients to gather feedback regarding their use of the Concepts NREC CAE software products
- Work closely with and utilize applications engineer(s) to provide the best possible support to both current and prospective clients
- Work to support the Sales & Marketing team with technical content to better promote and position our products in the market
- Keep up-to-date with competition regarding their specific product offerings, features, clientele, and pricing wherever possible
- Attend trade shows to promote the product line
- Perform other qualified tasks as directed by the Director of Software Product Management & UX when necessary
This position may require global travel up to 20% of working time.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of product management experience
- Familiarity with the scrum software development philosophy
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel globally up to 20% of working time
- Must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States (Citizen or Green Card)