Our Software Development Team at OnLogic plays an integral role in delivering a world class customer experience for our customers and ensuring our internal systems and tools are enabling us all to do our best work. To do so, we stay highly focused on quality and delivering high value with each software deployment we perform. We are seeking a new team member to join our Quality Assurance team, who understands the critical roles that attention to detail and curiosity play in delivering quality. Our new team member will be detail oriented and have a drive to explore, test boundaries, and become an expert in the tools we deliver as a team, in order to ensure we are providing the best solutions we can.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Translate business requirements into test scripts, to create a playbook for validating features and functionality that is built by the Development Team.
- Test software changes, create detailed defect reports, and manage handoff and retesting of defect fixes.
- Collaborate with your IT Business Team colleagues to help refine project and enhancement requirements.
- Collaborate with your Software Development Team colleagues to align on expectations for deliverables and gather support for validating functionality.
- Study our tools deeply to understand what IT is delivering in detail.
- Communicate with and direct our external Software Quality partners on active projects to meet deliverable timelines.
- Guide our testing strategy for upcoming releases.
- Define the timing and content of software releases for enhancements.
- Assist with assessing user training needs and training development and delivery.
- Communicate risks as an outcome of quality testing.
- Connect with business stakeholders to help make decisions about how our IT provided software tooling can be most effective for our users.
The team you will be joining:
Our IT team touches every aspect of our business and each of our day to day lives here at OnLogic. Made up of software developers, infrastructure and security experts, systems and network engineers and business technology professionals, our IT team is constantly working to improve our internal systems to make our lives easier, while optimizing our website to do the same for our customers. From the technology we use to do our jobs, to the infrastructure that supports the way we build, test and ship our products, our IT team keeps our business running smoothly.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- Strong familiarity with all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Manual & Automated testing, including web application testing and/or web service testing
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an IT, business analysis, or process improvement environment
- Strong ability to pick up new processes quickly and efficiently, to effectively communicate, and to hold yourself and others accountable
- Willingness and desire to become proficient in the finer details of our business
- Proven ability to document and communicate business needs and functionality
- Ability to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship