FirstLight is seeking a Business Development Director interested in taking their career to new heights. FirstLight, headquartered in Albany, NY, provides fiber optic data, voice, and high-speed Internet services to enterprise, carrier and wholesale customers in Upstate New York and Northern New England utilizing its own fiber optic network. FirstLight offers a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet, traditional TDM solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX and Data Center Colocation.
The Business Development Director is expected to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. The role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
Job requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Lead a team of 8-10 Business Develop Representatives
- The BDR Director will be responsible for hiring, onboarding, ongoing training and ensuring the BDR team is successful.
- This role collaborates closely with sales and marketing to maximize the creation of highly qualified sales opportunities.
- Develop enablement tools, processes, and sales plays that generate top of the funnel opportunities for reps to close
- Coach and develop business development representatives to meet and exceed individual goals
- Ensure that sales qualified leads (SQLs) are converting to opportunities and supporting sales pipeline growth
- Identify opportunities for improvement across sales operations and make recommendations to executive leadership for streamlining processes
- Lead a team of quota-carrying business development representatives (BDRs) ensuring they meet personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Provide guidance and instruction on a day-to-day basis to ensure team members understand and execute their responsibilities
- Hold weekly one-on-one meetings with team members to evaluate progress and discuss professional development
- Oversee all aspects of sales pipeline growth and forecast potential blockers
- Empower team members to work hard and foster a culture of inclusivity and collaboration
Job Qualifications & Preferences:
- Three to five years of previous experience in sales, management, customer service, finance, administration, or related field
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (MBA preferred)
- B2B sales experience in a telecom or ISP environment preferred.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed