Serving as a key member of the Vermont Colleges System enrollment and admissions team, develops and executes all digital marketing and communications strategies to meet the University’s overall enrollment goals. This position is accountable for overall strategy development and execution of targeted lead generation through digital marketing and communications and the establishment and measurement of key enrollment marketing performance indicators by applicant segment, inquiry source, and recruitment channel such as cost per inquiry and ultimate admission yield. This position leverages industry knowledge and digital marketing best practices to promote the mission and vision of the institution and achieves the university’s new student enrollment growth objectives in ways that support an efficient and sustainable student acquisition model and reinforces the overall university brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the total prospective student/lead generation and follow up communications for the university, use data and information to track key performance indicators and success of lead tactics.
- Develop and execute an integrated digital marketing and communications plan across multiple channels and inquiry sources that aligns with the strategic marketing and enrollment plan objectives, strategies, and targets.
- Develop and execute targeted digital marketing and advertising strategies including paid search, pay-per-click web and mobile advertising, and retargeting to generate interest and engagement with key student and applicant segments.
- Strategically allocate resources through management of the enrollment marketing and communications budget using innovative, creative, and modern techniques to reach target audiences.
- Regularly assess the cost and benefit of budget allocations by inquiry source and marketing channel for efficacy and reallocate as needed to advance enrollment goals.
- Oversee the Enrollment Communications to ensure that marketing and communication plans align with staffing and enrollment targets by program area, geography, degree level, or other factors to optimize new student enrollment.
- Work with the design and production staff in University Marketing and Communications to create videos, blogs, publications, admissions materials, micro websites, podcasts, and digital webinars, as appropriate to drive lead generation, application volume, or conversion.
- Manage relationships with enrollment vendors, maximizing opportunities for contract scope.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Receives direction from the VP of Admissions & Enrollment.
Supervises the Director of Enrollment Communications, enrollment vendors and third-party organizations.
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or other appropriate discipline and
- Five (5) years progressive leadership experience in higher education enrollment marketing or a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills can be derived.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant digital marketing and communications experience in higher education industry
- Two (2) or more years of data analysis experience.
- Two (2) or more years of direct enrollment marketing experience in a complex organization.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing and communications.
- Specialized knowledge and skills related to inquiry generation, digital customer engagement, and conversion.
- Commitment to developing own professional knowledge and the professional knowledge of team members regarding diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice and how it informs practices within area of expertise
- Excellent planning, administrative, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication skills including visual, graphical, digital, written, and verbal.
- Knowledge of modern computer applications.
- Ability to analyze data and create reports to assess effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Ability to originate concepts and communicate them through powerful images, text, and design.
- Ability to support a diverse community and promote diverse perspectives, cultures and an inclusive environment
- Ability to use data-informed decision making to inform resource allocation, processes and procedures.
Location: This position may be based on any of the Vermont State University’s campuses and opportunities for remote work also exist.