Champlain College is looking for a highly motivated team player who knows what it takes to tell a good story and has the capacity to tell it, sell it, and build it in various media using a number of systems across multiple communication channels. The Assistant Content Producer role requires a versatile writer (quick snappy headlines, as well as full newsletter story writing, emails, whole web sections, etc.) who is also adept at using complex content and scheduling systems, and has some basic design aptitude, proven technical know-how and is super organized about managing content assets and schedules. The position is part of the Digital Marketing Team and reports to the Director of Web Services.
- Working with the Email Marketing Manager and the Digital Marketing Team, the Assistant Content Producer will:
- Work extensively in CMS to make updates as determined by annual production calendar, webmaster requests, Marketing Department projects and Digital Marketing Team.
- Write compelling, persuasive, benefit-driven, audience-appropriate marketing copy for website that is optimized for SEO.
- Fact-check and proofread as required in accordance with house style guides.
- Support Senior Writer & Content Producer to package (i.e. collect and size images,write/edit copy, migrate all assets to CMS, review for ADA and SEO) digital content
- Implement all content assets in CMS being mindful of providing an excellent user experience.
- Write marketing copy for emails, as well as build the templates, campaigns and/or engagement studios as directed.
- Set up UTM codes for emails.
- Assist with project management of emails.
The ideal candidate is a multi-faceted writer who can write copy worth reading, edit (for voice, style and grammar), resource appropriate photos (and crop/manipulate them), leverage video, and upload all the assets to various content management systems to produce a layout that ensures that the final communication pieces are audience- and user-friendly and work hard to meet their objectives. The desired candidate is also a self-starter who is willing to take initiative, can work in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and gracefully to changing priorities and who not only works well under pressure, but rather enjoys it.
- BFA or BS degree in marketing/advertising/communications or equivalent experience.
- Two years of professional experience in marketing content creation for multiple channels. Ideal candidate will have marketing/advertising experience in an in-house marketing or agency environment.
- Superior writing and proofreading skills are a must.
- Must be a strong systems thinker who can easily adapt to new systems and processes.
- Experience working on web content development and working in a CMS preferred. Knowledge of marketing/advertising industry standards and best practices, including SEO, analytics, email delivery, and accessibility.
- Some experience with Photoshop and an understanding of InDesign and Illustrator desired. Experience coordinating photoshoots, working with video, and the ability to perform basic photo cropping is helpful.
- Working knowledge of HTML; XML and CSS a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, fantastic communication and collaboration skills, and an ability to work independently while playing nicely with others.