Marvell Technology Group
At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world’s leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world’s data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers’ current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we’re ultimately changing the way tomorrow’s enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform—for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It’s what’s keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you’re ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
Marvell Government Solutions (MGS) designs and develops ASICs for customers in critical infrastructure sectors leveraging Marvell’s leading edge IP portfolio. We are looking for a Physical Design engineering intern for project based professional growth opportunities with a world class company at the forefront of semiconductor technology.
Through this internship with the MGS Design Center you will have opportunities to:
- Work with teams delivering leading-edge low power high performance designs in advanced technology nodes (14nm/12nm/7nm/5nm/3nm)
- Work closely with other functional teams at Marvell, across IP Design, Methodology, Packaging, Test, and Manufacturing
- Gain depth of experience in ASIC physical design with expert mentors across multiple domains (SOCs, floorplanning, power grid design, clock tree synthesis, static timing analysis, power/signal integrity analysis, and DRC/LVS)
- Pursuing BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Able to work effectively with global team and be self-motivated to solve problems
- Excellent programming & scripting (e.g., TCL, Python) with solid problem-solving skills
- Background courses/projects in microelectronic circuits and VLSI design
- Eligibility for US DoD Security Clearance
- Thorough understanding of Linux/Unix/BSD Internals, with experience optimizing multi-threaded software execution
- Familiarity with industry EDA tools gained through successfully completed design projects
- Active US DoD Security Clearance