Marvell Technology Group
At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world’s leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world’s data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers’ current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we’re ultimately changing the way tomorrow’s enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform—for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It’s what’s keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you’re ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
Marvell’s ASIC Business Unit develops cutting-edge custom semiconductor solutions in the most advanced technologies. Our focus is on solving the most difficult design problems in the areas of AI, wired and wireless communications, and other infrastructure applications. The ASIC BU is looking for a summer intern to help us improve our chip estimation process and improve the quality of delivered solutions. The focus will be on leveraging existing tools and data to create faster, more accurate solutions, then driving new tools to mine design solutions for continuous improvements. This role will cover the key basics of chip design and provide an opportunity for in-depth learning on the considerations and tradeoffs that go into large-scale semiconductor designs.
- Work closely with mentors and other team members to define the project scope
- Successfully implement an improved chip sizing process
- Document and present to engineering and executive teams the results of the project
- Meet people and learn and the industry
- Candidate MUST be currently pursuing a BS/MS (preferred) degree in CS/EE or related technical field(s)
- 0-1 years of previous experience
- Basic understanding of integrated circuit design
- Familiarity with common scripting languages (e.g. Python) for data mining
- Experience in semiconductor design or verification classes a plus
- Strong communication skills