The Administrative Coordinator is the primary administrative support professional in the Office of the President at Champlain College, providing scheduling and staffing support to the President as well as managing the routine operations of the executive office and assisting with Presidential/Institutional events.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the President’s scheduling, including logistics and arrangements for day-to-day meetings, events on and off-campus, and travel. In addition, this position is responsible for developing daily briefing materials, helping to prepare trip schedules, and coordinating with colleagues around campus for event briefing remarks made by the President.
The Administrative Coordinator helps implement events hosted by the President’s office including Trustee meetings, retreats, and dinners; Advancement events at the President’s residence; Commencement activities; and programming throughout the year to engage students, alumni, and parents.
Operational support of the Office of the President includes greeting and assisting all visitors to offices and conference rooms, answering the phone, processing incoming and outgoing mail, managing catering orders, and meeting room logistics. In addition, the Administrative Coordinator assists with financial and budget management for the Office of the President including maintaining and monitoring the office’s budget, processing weekly requisitions, and management of multiple purchasing card reconciliations.
As a community-facing representative of the college and the President and Provost’s offices, this position requires a professional with excellent interpersonal skills, a consistently positive attitude, excellent professional demeanor, and discretion. The Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Operations in the Office of the President. Work hours may vary according to need; evening and or weekend hours may be required on occasion.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and determine the most appropriate solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- High-level customer service to build rapport quickly with a wide range of people; i.e. students, faculty, staff and external Champlain community members
- Adept in technology and fully comprehensive in MS Office, Google Suite, email, google calendar management, zoom, etc.
- Detail-oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good time management with the ability to multitask on various projects and assignments
- Ability to act with discretion regarding sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to perform basic data analysis
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, previous experience in an administrative support position, and experience in event planning and coordination.
- At least 12 months of previous experience in an administrative support position for a high-level executive
- Previous professional experience in higher education
- 1-2 years of previous experience in event coordination and/or catering a plus