Vermont Economic Development Authority VEDA
The Administrative Assistant at VEDA provides administrative and organizational support to ensure efficient operation of the office, and organizational meetings and events. This position also assists the CEO with marketing related administrative functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Administrative Support – General
o Greet visitors and assist as needed. Answer and direct calls as appropriate.
o Open, sort and date stamp incoming mail and distribute to appropriate staff.
o Deposit outgoing mail in outside mailbox.
o Forward incoming faxes and website inquiries to appropriate staff.
o Track and order office and kitchen supplies for main and satellite offices.
o Ensure main office conference rooms/reception areas are neat and ready for meetings when necessary.
o Put recycling bins out for pick-up and bring back in after pick-up.
o Schedule office copier service as needed.
o Maintain master e-mail list (used for annual meeting invites, general communications, and marketing).
- Administrative Support – Marketing
o Track marketing and conference related expenses;
o Assist in the planning and timely submission of marketing materials and advertising designed for
multiple integrated media channels– print, web, radio, digital, social media, events, etc.
o Coordinate VEDA’s presence at events and trade shows.
o Assist in the population, maintenance, and continual updating of VEDA’s photo library.
o Assist in preparing brochures and materials for exhibits as needed.
o Maintain VEDA’s Marketing Calendar to enable communication and transparency across the
Authority on marketing outreach and events.
o Forward incoming marketing-related emails to appropriate staff.
- Board/Committee Meeting Responsibilities
o Assist with posting various Board meeting documents to shared online portal.
o Draft meeting agendas for VEDA Board & Committee meetings.
- Event Planning Responsibilities
o Assist with VEDA event planning, including VEDA Annual Luncheon and Annual Board
Strategic Planning Retreat.
- Maintain written procedures for Administrative Assistant job functions.
- Serve as Back-up, as needed, for the following:
o Contact vendors / contractors for building maintenance issues.
o Request off-site storage files.
o Compilation of Board meeting minutes.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Administrative experience highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
- General office conditions.