The VIP Accounting Department has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist. We are looking for a quick learner who is highly organized and motivated to work independently to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will be reliable, efficient and have excellent communication skills.
- Receive, verify and process invoices and expense reports
- Reconcile expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records
- Facilitate payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies
- Assist with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions
- Calculate and report sales tax on paid invoices
- Additional accounting/administrative tasks as assigned
- Business or Accounting degree, or 2+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Sales tax experience is a plus!