Vermont Information Processing is the country’s leading provider of software solutions for the beverage industry. We craft the technology that assists in every part of a beverage’s journey from its creator to your glass! For over 50 years VIP’s growth and success have been driven by the excellent relationships that we’ve built with our beverage customers and partners. We work to solve their mission-critical problems, provide innovative solutions for their businesses and never stop reimagining ways that we can help them succeed.
The VIP Accounting Department has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Assistant. We are looking for a quick learner who is highly organized and motivated to work independently to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will be reliable, efficient and have excellent communication skills.
- Receive, verify and process invoices and expense reports
- Reconcile expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records
- Facilitate payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies
- Assist with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions
- File sales tax returns to various States on a monthly basis
- Additional accounting/administrative tasks as assigned
Desired Skills & Requirements:
- Business or Accounting degree, or 2+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Sales tax experience is a plus!