Vermont Information Processing is the country’s leading provider of software solutions for the beverage industry. We craft the technology that assists in every part of a beverage’s journey from its creator to your glass! For over 50 years VIP’s growth and success have been driven by the excellent relationships that we’ve built with our beverage customers and partners. We work to solve their mission-critical problems, provide innovative solutions for their businesses and never stop reimagining ways that we can help them succeed.
VIP is looking for an Accounting Software Support Specialist. In this role, you will support customers using the VIP Route Accounting System with their accounting and financial reporting needs. You will be assisting beverage distributors and soda bottlers across the country with interpreting accounting transactions and analyzing financial reports for accuracy. Through these efforts you will develop strong and lasting relationships with customers by boosting their success with our system. This is not the typical accounting position. If you are interested in using your accounting skills in a technical, customer-facing role, this could be the job for you!
- Learn the ins and outs of VIP’s financial applications and teach customers how to use them
- Follow up directly with customers by email and phone
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries in a professional manner
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle and resolve customer complaints
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Serve as liaison between the customer and various internal departments
- Record details of inquiries, comments, complaints, transactions as well as actions taken towards resolution
- A strong understanding of accounting and bookkeeping concepts
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and a team player
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and customers
- A desire to learn new technologies and provide innovative ideas in the implementation of them
- College degree and at least one year of customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge of beverage distribution is a plus!