Union Street Media is seeking a talented and energetic Account Strategist to join our team. Union Street Media is the top real estate digital marketing firm in the country, providing custom digital marketing solutions and high-performing websites for independent-minded brokerages throughout the U.S.
As a key member of Union Street Media’s sales department, the Account Strategist is primarily responsible for cultivating relationships and generating new clients for Union Street Media, typically through selling our leading digital marketing services and other related products (websites, videos, etc.). The Account Strategist will also be responsible for implementing processes and strategies that shorten the sales lifecycle and increase adoption within our existing markets. The ideal Account Strategist is a highly motivated, persistent, results driven, critical thinker and problem solver, who understands how to translate complex concepts into plain English and is undeterred by “no”.
Get in with a great team:
- We’re a tenacious team of talented strategists with extensive experience taking real estate businesses to the next level. We’re growing and want you to grow with us!
- Our vision is to be real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company. We provide custom digital marketing solutions and award-winning websites for real estate professionals that are unique in the industry.
- Our mission is to connect real estate professionals to their clients through remarkable online experiences that ensure they stand out. Through personalized guidance and innovation, we create relationships that open new doors.
- At Union Street Media, we believe in independence, in real and genuine relationships, and that real estate agents are the future. Most importantly, at Union Street Media, you’ll have a voice. We value everyone’s opinion and from company-wide goal-setting to crowdsourcing product ideas, collaboration is in our DNA.
As part of a larger team, the Account Strategist will work closely with our Customer Success team to suggest ways to increase product adoption, assist with customer retention and drive new revenue. They will also collaborate with the entire sales team on how to more efficiently bring in new customers, upsell existing customers, and close deals are also essential. With the real estate digital marketing and technology industry growing exponentially, there is no shortage of opportunities to make this a long and lasting career choice in a fast-paced, friendly, and family-like atmosphere.
Due to the nature of the real estate industry, this is not a “9 to 5” gig: you’ll be expected to adjust your schedule to meet with clients as fits their schedule, including traveling in person to meet with clients and attend industry events.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas for products and services; responsible for prospecting potential Union Street Media customers and closing new business.
- Nurture and close inbound sales leads.
- Communicate with potential Union Street Media customers through phone, email, video conference calls, tradeshows, and in-person meetings.
- Identify and share improvements to existing products and services, and opportunities for new products and services.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to increase customer retention and product adoption.
- Generate sales opportunities and proposals in our CRM software, Salesforce.
- Negotiate contracts and close sales opportunities by creatively seeking out ways to close opportunities.
- Maintain lead, contact, and account data in Union Street Media’s internal CRM.
- Generate detailed sales notes after a contract is sold to ensure a smooth customer journey.
- Provide insight and guidance on the market and industry trends to internal teams.
- Manage relationships and expectations with potential Union Street Media customers. Build strong rapport with prospective clients and act as a customer champion. Maintain a continuous focus on the customer and the customer experience.
- Motivated with a strong work ethic and a passion for sales.
- Tenacious with an unwillingness to accept no as an answer.
- Proven ability to empathize and understand customer emotions and their wants and needs, especially when those needs are unknown or unclear.
- Goal-oriented and self-driven.
- Tolerant of ambiguity, able to chart a path forward in a changing environment.
- Experienced in establishing rapport and building strong relationships with a wide array of personalities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of managing difficult situations, with an ability to exceed client expectations.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Experience selling digital advertising or real estate is preferred.
- Teaming ability
- Experience with CRM and Project Management software (Salesforce, TaskRay) is preferred
- Familiarity with digital marketing, website design, and development practices is a plus