As the Director of the outside Sales Team, you are a highly motivated leader with a passion for sales, technology, solving problems and working with people. This is an in-office and field sales role. You will help OnLogic achieve aggressive growth targets by directly overseeing OnLogic’s new business sales function and ensuring that revenue goals are met.
The Team that you are responsible for works to build strong customer relationships in the field and sell products and services through many channels via a consultative approach. You are a mentor and coach to our strong sales team, to whom winning, collaborating and having fun is the job. OnLogic is growing rapidly; you therefore have a unique opportunity to develop and implement our Sales strategy and keep it in line with the long-term company goals.
This is what your day looks like. You:
- Develop and oversee outreach goals, sales strategies, activities, resource planning and reporting for the Account Executive team.
- Manage, lead and develop a team of highly motivated, customer focused sellers.
- Establish sales quotas for team and individuals and tracking and managing performance against those expectations.
- Travel 25%-35% of your time with your team members to our North American customers.
- Oversee all aspects of new business development and new logo acquisition.
- Work closely with the supply chain team to communicate funnel health in North America.
- Provide competitive assessments, product or sales training, or pricing and contracting assistance to the sales team.
- Work with the Leadership Team on high-value proposals.
- Developing recent hires in our rapidly growing team.
- Collaborate with your peers in Sales Leadership to execute OnLogic sales strategy and annual initiatives.
- Develop and implement sales and go-to-market strategies that meet/exceed overall corporate goals.
- Conduct sales forecasts, territory planning, demand generation, deal strategy development, and trend analysis.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong business sense, entrepreneurial mindset and are engaged by competitive drive. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, goal oriented environment. You are an empathetic leader who understands that sales is not about being the loudest in the room, but about the right mixture between critical listening and formulating the right questions. We are not a one size fits all shop; our customers have very different application needs, and no one system works for all so knowledge of our products is essential for your success.
This is you!
- You have a minimum of 10 years sales and sales management experience in a role with complex sales cycles.
- You have at least 5 years of sales team leadership experience with a team of at least 5 people.
- You have a proven track record of working with your team to meet and exceed goals.
- You have experience in creating and managing incentive plans.
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment with shifting priorities.
- You think innovatively with a ‘fail fast’ mentality and proactively remove barriers for your team.
- You have a strong business acumen: the ability to succinctly describe an opportunity and how to win.
- You have outstanding consultative selling abilities and customer acquisition skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in managing executive level customers and partners.
- You have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to nurture a results-driven, team-oriented environment.