The mission of the Robert P. Stiller School of Business at Champlain College is to develop the strengths, integrity, expertise, and entrepreneurial mindset of aspiring and innovative professionals with a goal of driving positive change in their lives, workplaces, communities, and the world.
We offer a comprehensive business curriculum that features extensive real-world experience and covers both the basics and the complexities of how business is conducted in a global economy. Our graduates are not only prepared to thrive in this accelerated age, they are set up to make a lasting impact through their work.
The Academic Operations Manager provides a high level of administrative and management support to the Stiller School of Business and Dean’s office. This role oversees the coordination of all administrative aspects while managing the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations of the office to include: maintaining databases and generating reports; coordinate, assemble and maintain administrative details and meeting logistics; Divisional budget and fiscal management; event coordination and/or support; assist with scheduling, enrollment management and book orders; and prepare and proofread confidential Divisional student communications. This position is responsible for training and supervising student employees and assist with or lead special projects.
The individual will be a communication point person and problem-solver, by proactively becoming informed on issues impacting the office and either answering questions directly or referring questions to the appropriate individual.
- Provides high-level administrative support to Dean and Leadership Team (PDs/Chairs/A.D.)
- Budget and fiscal management; processing of invoices and reconciliation of budgets with Finance
- Assists with faculty search coordination
- Coordination and/or support for all divisional events
- Working with Leadership, assist with scheduling/enrollment management/book orders
- Divisional student communications for Dean’s List, Honors, probation, dismissals, etc.
- Ongoing adjunct support including hiring and pay requests
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Two years college education required (B.A. / B.S preferred)
- A minimum of three years of administrative support experience
- Higher education experience preferred