To develop and administer university instructional technology resources and services to support teaching and learning at Vermont Technical College; to provide appropriate training for faculty and staff in the use of instructional and telepresence technologies and software; to assist faculty in integrating instructional technologies into curricular projects; and to assist in the design, set up and maintenance of instructional facilities and classrooms.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the day-to-day management of instructional/educational technology resources, (hardware and software related including: installation of new equipment; maintaining and updating equipment inventory; facilitating equipment sign-out and return; facilitating delivery and set up of equipment in classrooms; and providing instruction as needed.
- Provide training and support for faculty and staff (and students as needed) on the use of instructional technology in learning spaces , including on-campus, distance sites and virtual classrooms.
- Collaborate with campus stakeholders and appropriate outside vendors to assess and advise on appropriate technology design solutions for learning spaces.
- Develop a strategy and roadmap, with peers, to Plan for standard and regular equipment refresh, maintain and provide routine repairs of equipment, obtain outside service as needed for major repairs.
- Serve on relevant university and VSC Instructional Technology working groups.
- This position may involve supervising and directing the work of student employees.
- Keep abreast of current developments and emerging trends in instructional technologies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Travel will be required as needed to support remote sites around the state.
Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in educational or instructional technology, plus two to four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Knowledge in the use of a wide array of technology products, including multimedia and web writing tools, imaging and video software, authoring tools and information retrieval using the internet is essential.
- Ability to deal effectively with and represent the University to a broad range of individuals/groups within and outside of the University.
- Understanding of Canvas learning management systems preferred.
- Experience in training users about new technologies and environments preferred.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the needs of faculty and students.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Project management experience.