Cox Automotive offers internships across 10+ locations within the U.S. for current college students. Throughout the summer, students will have the opportunity to complete challenging business-critical projects alongside some of the most talented individuals in the automotive technology industry. The program will allow students to enhance their leadership skills through the delivery of professional development educational components as well as exposure to existing Cox leaders. Duration: 10 – 12 weeks, full time, paid internship.
As a part of the Cox Automotive family, Dealer.com helps automotive dealers thrive in today’s digital marketing environment. Our professionals – technologists, digital strategists, creative designers, customer support experts, and everything in between – deliver a comprehensive suite of digital marketing and operational technology and services to the majority of dealers in the US. We help dealerships optimize their business and help shoppers to shop and buy the way they prefer, through our Dealer.com and Cox Automotive-branded products.
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. We’re looking for thinkers at every stage in their career with intensity and creativity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry.
Risk-taking is encouraged here, and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from sprint reviews and scrum teams to Hackathons, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The Software Engineering Intern will be embedded onto an active scrum team working on prioritized, value driven features. You will be paired up with a mentor developer and ask to contribute to the teams 2-week sprint deliverables. You will be challenged to learn both the technical and business aspects of automotive digital advertising.
- Help design, develop, and maintain digital marketing tools.
- Engage in Agile development practices.
- Develop digital marketing domain knowledge.
- Dealer.com’s development infrastructure
Technology we use:
- Pursuing BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Internship positions are located in Burlington, VT; Cox Automotive does not provide a housing allowance.
- Experience with database technologies, logical and physical data, object relational mapping, and XML web services a plus but not required.
- Ambition and passion, with the desire to apply your full intellectual intensity to challenges in our industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment.